What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Monday 8 September 2014

Off south towards Strangford Lough today, and then to the Isle of Man, as the force 6 wind has now passed through.

I visited two ships yesterday: HMS Bangor, on a long weekend visit to her adopted port, , and a Fisher 37 (Cuan Fisher) owned by a very nice chap called George Wright. Although only seven feet longer than Jojac, she has rather more space. Very nicely kept too, a 1977 or 78 boat, so slightly younger than Jojac. Lovely.

It was a lovely sunny day although cold. It's a shame pictures can't really capture the temperature. And although it looks calm and peaceful, the other side of the harbour wall was a different story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment