What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Wednesday 10 September 2014

I left Strangford Lough quite early so I could catch the tide out of the narrows and get to Peel for around high tide to get in through the gate.  All achieved to plan . The weather has been great again - this first picture is of the sun still coming up as I left.

I came out of the narrows at over 12 knots. And that was only an hour off low water. Quite a ride, and the whirlpools were interesting. Once out of there the sea was as flat as one of my jokes. Here's a very rare selfie just to show how calm the sea was. No wind at all, but one can't have everything.
On arrival in Peel I was met by this chap - the Seal of Peel.

Peel is very pretty with little winding streets, a castle and a great British seaside prom. Despite being quite British it still has street names in a gaellic derivative,  and I had a text from O2 to tell me I was now in Europe and would have to pay extra. Don't expect many phone calls over the next couple of days!
 The Jaguar Club of Holland is here for a week, with some lovely topless models. I suppose they come to places like this so they can go up hills for a change.








No comments:

Post a Comment