What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Friday 19 September 2014

I am in Pwllheli this morning, about to set off for Aberystwth. Yesterday's trip was very relaxed although my anxiety about the engine never left me until I had tied up. It was breezy up at Holyhead and I was sailing at over 6 knots, but within an hour the wind died off until there was none at all - so it was engine all the way. This pic shows how calm it was. The splash in the distance was a big dolphin, one of a pair, that were leaping about. They were gone too quickly to get a proper photo.
Coming across Cardigan Bay the warmth was good but the visibility was wooly. Perhaps that's why the two dolphins were jumpers? I later saw three porpoises who were much more relaxed, just their fins showing. Lots of jellyfish in the sea too, but different from those up in Scotland and Northern Ireland, which were flatter and browner. Not a very technical description.
I took a stroll round Pwllheli where I was pleased to see the great seaside tradition continues:
And finally, a lovely sunset across the harbour:



No comments:

Post a Comment