What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Thursday 24 July 2014

We're in Fort Augustus,  a lovely little place. Arrived last night after a rather unexpected force 5, only two knots short of a 6, blew us down the length of Loch Ness. Spent the day here through a combination of lock timings and our own generally relaxed state.  Came through the locks late this afternoon and are spending the night at the top of the flight.  Still light after 10 and Janet is catching up on her art. Tomorrow we will go to Loch Oich and then Loch Lochy. If there is wifi I will update this blog but it has taken me all day to get this rather poor connection so don't bank on it.  




3 comments:

  1. Loch Lochy?! Really? Someone was on holiday at the wrong time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last go at commenting, it doesn't seem to work for me!. Loving the Blog, great pictures. Cheers, Rob and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very picturesque. I got my card thanks very much; very nice of you both to go to the trouble as you've a few other things on your mind !! Hope you continue to enjoy the voyage. Are you going to call in at Aberdovey or Aberystwyth ? If so, I think I might have left a tank top and a set of darts in the Pier Hotel in 1975. Probably still on the back of the chair nearest the dart board.....

    ReplyDelete