What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Tuesday 8 July 2014

I arrived in Scotland last night after a visit to the Farne Islands, and Lindisfarne in particular, on the way. I got in here at about 2145 and it was still light until much later, as in the photo below of Jojac alongside about 2200.

In the other pictures are a cute little puffin, and the same one then trying to take off. They seem quite badly adapted to flight with tiny stubby little wings on rather chubby bodies. They really struggle to get off the water,  and take tens of metres to get lift off. Even then they only seem able to get a couple of feet high. 

The final one is a new friend who popped up in the harbour this morning just yards from the boat. Lovely. Weather not good for the next couple of days so I will stay put and take the bus somewhere. 







No comments:

Post a Comment