What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Thursday 3 July 2014

I got to Whitby last night after a much more pleasant trip; the south west wind (much lighter than forecast) had calmed the swell so the sea was pretty benign, only a little bit rough round headlands. Nothing at all like the last few days of northerly winds and swells.

I've been up to the Abbey, made famous in Bram Stoker's Dracula, and explored the town in wonderful heat. Quite windy though, which was forecast.


Before I left Scarborough I went to the castle - the photo below is of Scarborough's south bay - and the weather was magnificent. This is a much nicer piece of coast than the Kent to Lincs flatnesses. There is at last something to look at on passage. I did spend a little longer in Scarborough than planned - the harbour depth was a bit less than advertised!




No comments:

Post a Comment