What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Tuesday 3 June 2014

Warm and muggy here in Caen, and increased security in advance of the 6th. Looks like our plan to eat in the cafe at Pegasus bridge will be scuppered by new security regulations about movement up or down the canal. A UK boat that came in today reported being searched below the waterline by divers.  The weather for some of the coming weekend doesn't look promising for my schedule, with east winds which would be right on the nose,  and not pleasant. I have quite a tight deadline to reach Essex for the 12th, so I may have to rethink that part of the plan . I may end up stopping at Ramsgste and going up the Thames from there, rather than from Maldon as planned. For those joining me for the Thames - don't pre book your train tickets!

2 comments:

  1. There was an interesting article on the news today about Pegasus Bridge. Shame if you can't get there but I guess the security is understandable. Hopefully the weather will improve and the plans won't have to change too much! Hope all is well and you are enjoying the trip.

    ReplyDelete