What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Monday 30 June 2014

Jojac came out of the water today. I cleaned her off, touched up the waterline, replaced the anode and checked that the the rope round the prop the other day had done no damage. She was back in by 1145 but the lock had closed for the day though so I will leave on tomorrow's tide around 0800. I thought I would go to the Fishing Heritage Centre this afternoon - guess what, it's closed on Mondays. This is developing into a pattern; the Shotley HMS Ganges museum only opens Saturdays, the Harwich lifeboat museum on Wednesdays, and I was there on a Tuesday .....

Last night I had a bit of a first. Someone came aboard about 10 pm. There was a bit if a racket from the cockpit and when I went to look there was a fox, bold as brass, pulling my anchoring gloves out of a cubbyhole. He was very unperturbed and only wandered off after some stern words - after all, I said, you don't look old enough to be out this late, haven't you got a home to go to? He wandered onto the boat next door at which point I got the rather grainy photo below.

Tomorrow I will set off for Yorkshire, where I am led to believe wolves still roam, so I hope for even more excitement.




No comments:

Post a Comment