What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Sunday 25 May 2014

Today I went on a tourist trip on the most amazing amphibious bus ever! It beats the London ones hands down. I went to Ile Tatihou, a place I had to avoid on the way into St Vaast. It is a fort, built after we (Britain and Holland) had trounced the French fleet in this bay. It has also been a borstal (until 1984), a nature reserve and now a tourist attraction.





They had the scraggiest looking sheep that I have ever seen. I had delicious lamb cutlets last night but I don't think they were from any of these!


Tomorrow morning first thing I plan to leave here when the lock opens (0645) and head down to Grandcamp-Maisy - not much there, but it's a tricky little harbour that is handy for the Arromanche beach the next day. GC-M is here: 49.388253, -1.049391 on Google maps.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the pains I have had to go through to be able to post something! Im sure there was an easier way but it seems I have had to "join" Google to do this. I am not sure how I feel about this as a mac user... Anyhow I now have yet another online presence that will undoubtedly be about forever. Anyhow I hope that the Bordeaux AC was acquired in quantity to assist with the journey! Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum and I went to Arrowmanches - brilliant museum and I bought a pack of cards as a souvenir! And I believe there was a little train on wheels which takes people up and down a really steep hill. Xxx

    ReplyDelete