What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Thursday 22 May 2014

I came over to Cherbourg yesterday, leaving Portland about 6 am and getting here at 6 pm. It was a pretty good crossing, with a mix of sun, rain, cloud and a tiny bit of fog just as I got in range of channel shipping! Couldn't see France until I was 2 miles off. Thank goodness for GPS.

Total distance from Portland was 69 miles so average speed around 5.75 knots. Some of the time we were tanking along at over 8 but then there were the slower bits when the tide was dead against us.

Arrived just in time to go to a restaurant with some fellow Teignmothians who were already here. Oysters and mussels were the order of the day.

Tomorrow afternoon we're off to St Vaast which has a locked entrance; leave around lunchtime to be there when the lock open late afternoon.












Have been in shorts and tee shirt tioday as it is quite warm between squalls!

No comments:

Post a Comment