What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Monday 19 May 2014

19 May - Portland

Jojac left the river last night on the tide and anchored just off the sea front for the night. We're now anchored again, this time just off Chesil Beach near the village of Fotruneswell.I'd be a bit worried about the pile of stone behind Fortunesell's desirable second homes in the photo.

It's been a bit wet, cold and occasionally bumpy today and I have just had my first cup of tea and some food -10 hours after getting up! Where did the sunshine go?

My next leg will be the remaining bit to Cherbourg - maybe tomorrow, maybe Wednesday. All depends on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment