What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Tuesday 26 August 2014

My weather-induced depression has started to lift - it is like the Med here today. First picture is Dunstaffnage on Sunday evening when Janet arrived. It was cold - very cold - but calm, then yesterday it blew force seven, occasionally eight, so we stayed put.
Today has been lovely, a nice force four, occasionally five, sea very pleasant, great sail down to Craobh (pronounced Croove, or thereabouts). One dolphin, one seal.
Craobh is a funny little place, a street of new-ish twee cottages and a pub. It was only 25 miles this morning so we were here by lunch time. Funny old thing, they had beer in the pub so we had to sit out on the terrace in the sun. Glorious. Just what sailing should always be like!

No comments:

Post a Comment