What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Sunday 3 August 2014

Jojac has spent three nights in Mallaig, where Janet had to catch the train yesterday to go home. There was a bit of a storm last night and the harbour is exposed to the north, which is where the wind was coming from, so I had rather an uncomfortable time of it. I now want to head on to Skye under the bridge there but the tides are wrong - I'd have had to set off before dawn this morning when the wind and rain were grim. So it looks like another day here.

A pic below of Mallaig plus one of the clear water and another giving you good reason to be beware what lies beneath. Not a great white though.





The general lack of decent wifi means I have had to come to a pub to do this, so I am now enjoying the local beer plus lunch of mussels and chips. And scottish folk music. Mmmmm...maybe I need to get the CD.

With luck tomorrow I will get further north over the sea to Skye.






No comments:

Post a Comment