What's this all about?

I kept this blog going so that family and friends could follow the progress of my round-Britain voyage from 18 May to 5 October 2014.

Jojac is now back on her mooring in Teignmouth so there's nothing to report. I may do some updates when I start to repair the wear and tear from that trip - there are some things that will interest owners of similar boats, but will probably bore the pants off the rest of you.

If I am fortunate to be able to do another long trip next year, it will probably be to Holland - I'll let you know.

All the best, and thanks for your interest.

Andrew


Thursday 2 October 2014

I am now in the River Dart, on a mooring buoy up-river at a place called Dittisham, or as they say round here, Ditsum. A nice day today, calm seas with enough wind to make a difference but not enough to mess things up.

This is Start Point, the last of the major headlands on this trip. In today's conditions it was quite benign, but it can be fearsome, as Janet and I have found on occasion. But today was perfect.


And then I was in Dartmouth, passing the castle in this picture:

I came up the river just for tonight and will go back down to the town tomorrow. My buoy is just opposite the landing stage for Agatha Christie's old house.Greenway. There have been a few boatloads of tourists this afternoon, even though it's October.


The Dartmouth to Totnes cruise boat had a few late season trippers on too, making the most of the remarkable weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment